Tuesday 27 January 2015

My Post-Christmas Detox with Stripteas

StripTeas 14 Day Teatox
So the month of New Years resolutions, diet attempts and fitness regimes is almost over. How are we all doing? I think I can speak for a few of us when I say I fell at the first hurdle multiple times, justifying finishing off that box of Quality Street or the remaining remnants of the Christmas cheese board, all in the name of an eventual fresh start. 

I was blessed with some early January motivation when StripTeas got in contact and asked me to review their *14 day 3 step teatox.

I'm a massive tea drinker with a variety of quirky mugs and vintage teacups purely dedicated to the practice so I jumped on this straight away, curious to try the range of flavours. 

StripTeas have actually worked it so that their Morning, Daytime and Night teas contain 100% natural herbal ingredients.


StripTeas 14 Day Teatox
Morning: Chinese White Tea, Yerba Mate, Lemongrass, Liquorice Root, Orange Peel , Ginseng, Ginkgo, Eucalyptus, Spearmint. 

Daytime: Chinese Oolong Tea, Fennel Seeds, Cinnamon, Ginger, Pu-erh Black Tea, Schisandra Berries, Black Peppercorns.

Night-time: Rooibos (anti-stress) , Ginger, Ashwagandha Root (anti-stress), Chamomile (calming), Lemon Balm, Peppermint Leaves, Hawthorn, Vanilla Pieces, Lavender, Vanilla Flavour. 

Whilst all three teas are packed full of anti-oxidants, after doing some research I've noticed how the benefits of some of the ingredients are very fitting to your mental and physical state at specific points throughout the day. The morning tea is geared towards focus, concentration, endurance and digestion, whilst the daytime tea contains ingredients which work to maintain these factors. The evening tea is my favourite though, with a concoction of awesome ingredients that's designed to calm and relieve stress.

I was really curious to see the effect of the morning one though, because I am such a bad morning person. I don't drink coffee, so I lack that pick-me up that most anti-morning folk get.


StripTeas 14 Day Teatox
Now I've seen a lot of these teas around lately, many of them claiming to make you loose weight. Firstly, no tea can make you loose weight.

What they can do, and what StripTeas does, is boost your metabolism. Of course it's completely up to you what you do with that new-found energy, but if you use it productively and are more active, then you'll start to notice a difference not only in yourself physically, but mentally.

Hydration is a factor to consider. I'm so bad at staying hydrated. Really bad. Sometimes I go a whole day on just one glass of water. If you read my New Years Resolutions post you'll know that staying hydrated was one of my resolutions. Drinking these StripTeas three times a day got me off to a solid start. I noticed the difference almost instantly. I felt less sluggish and snacked less. I actually enjoy the flavours so much that I'd get 2-3 cups out of one tea bag. I may have been popping to the ladie's room every 20 minutes, but it was worth it for how invigorated I felt. 


StripTeas 14 Day Teatox
I do want to shed a few pounds, however I'm not monitoring it by weighing myself or noting how loose my jeans are getting, because I don't want to obsess about it. For me the most important thing is feeling good about myself physically and mentally, and these teas have really helped me get to that stage. 

I'm waking up earlier and tackling the day with more energy and actually sticking to a routine. If routine is something you really struggle with, these teas are perfect for just that, because you want to feel good and you look forward to your next one. I find I'm not craving snacks as much and that I stay fuller for longer too. I've already mentioned that the evening tea is my favourite - my mind is a live wire at night and it's in the evenings that I stress the most because I'm thinking about all the things I haven't got done and need to do. This can have a knock-on effect on the quality of sleep that I get, but since drinking this tea I'm feeling more soothed. I'm going to sleep earlier and waking up earlier too. 

I highly recommend going on a teatox. It doesn't necessarily have to be with the aim of shedding a few pound in mind. Whether you want some routine, to stay hydrated, a detox, or you just love tea, this is a brilliant, tasty way of taking care of yourself! 







1 comment :

  1. Great post girl! I've always been sceptical about detoxes but this sounds convincing!
    www.diamants-au-chocolat.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete