Monday 19 January 2015

Black Crow Queen - OOTD

Grunge style with faux fur and crochet. Purple Hair.
 

Grunge style with faux fur and crochet. Purple Hair.

Grunge style with faux fur and crochet. Purple Hair.

Grunge style with faux fur and crochet. Purple Hair.

Grunge style with faux fur and crochet. Purple Hair.

Grunge style with faux fur and crochet. Purple Hair.

Grunge style with faux fur and crochet. Purple Hair.

Grunge style with faux fur and crochet. Purple Hair.

Grunge style with faux fur and crochet. Purple Hair.

Grunge style with faux fur and crochet. Purple Hair. 90s style crystal choker and purple hair. Grunge Style

90s style crystal choker and purple hair. Grunge Style
Textures! With the temperature dropping, we're wrapping up in as many layers as we can carry. But the only way to avoid looking like a giant ball of cloth is with contrasting textures. 


As someone who's addicted to wearing black, it's so important for me to invest in textures. It's the only thing enabling me to tell where one item of clothing ends and another begins. 

I'd noticed lately that my wardrobe was lacking not only in textures, but warm outerwear. With the weather dropping to -10 C, my leather jacket just isn't going to cut it. So I went on a search to see if there were any goodies leftover in the January sales, and I wasn't disappointed. 

I bought this crochet dress for £15 and the fur coat for £22 , both from Ark. I've loved Ark for so long. Not only do they stock some awesome brands, but their own stuff is so reasonable and trend-lead. The crochet dress has amazing detailing and I'm thinking it will make an gorgeous beach dress in Summer.Crochet is going to be everywhere next season so I might as well start stocking up early. 

I thought the strong detailing of the crochet would contrast well with the messy fur of the coat, whilst maintaining a soft and feminine feel. 

The Regal Rose choker I'd had my eye on for a good few months. I'm so happy the choker trend has had a bit of a revamp and a revival and seems to be making more of a fashionable mark than its 90s debut. This choker is so different from the generic ones that are out on the high street at the moment. The design is really unique, and the use of gunmetal gives it a grunge element that contrasts well with the shimmer of the crystal. 

This shoot was nowhere near as cold as the last one, or as windy, but that coat kept me ridiculously cosy. I like to think I look like a disheveled raven. CAWW CAWW. 



No comments :

Post a Comment